ASI has more than 30 years of experience in partnering with water utilities to provide innovative, versatile solutions to best meet their needs, offering Customer Billing, Service Order and Financial Management systems. A sample of these solutions, which are geared specifically to water utilities, is included below:
Customer Billing Solutions
ASI offers water utilities a variety of customized billing solutions, including:
- Sewer Averaging/Summer Sewer --This feature enables a water utility to cap or limit sewer charges during times of the year when water usage is higher (i.e., lawn irrigation during the summer). A sewer average can be calculated during the off-peak water usage months and used for billing during peak water usage months.
- Subtractive Meters – Ensuring that customers who may have two meters get charged for only water (versus water and sewage) appropriately. One meter measures water and sewage, while another meter measures only water that may go into a product.
- Irrigation Meters – Allows a customer’s lawn usage to be measured on a separate meter so they don’t pay sewage fees
- One-time Consumption Adjustments – Automatically reduces a customer’s bill by a certain number of gallons when water is run to clear out lines.
- Hydrant Meters – Provides a one-time bill for outside, large events when water is used.
- Sub Metering – Allows apartment management to take one large bill and bill out to tenants based upon occupancy and pre-determined factors.
- RUBS Calculations – Allows apartment management to re-bill tenants from a master meter to the apartment tenants for water and sewage costs through industry-accepted standards as to how to set up that allocation (i.e. square feet, occupancy, number of toilets, etc.). Can be one or multiple factors.
- Multiple Billing – Can bill via types and AR distributions. For example, can bill water and sanitation, or if there is an occasional one-time fee (tax, landfill, etc.). Ability to bill, track, report and submit this additional information.
- User-Adjustable Billing in Edits – The water utility can identify bills that are outside an acceptable range for their customers and follow up appropriately.
- Charitable Collections – Allows the water company to collect donations to charitable causes on the water bill.
In addition, ASI’s Call System allows a water utility to key in a specific event, which allows the customer service representatives to track all phone calls that are related to that event – such as a catastrophic event like a line break.
ASI’s financial management software allows water utilities to:
- Track Line Loss – for consumption or use that’s not billable
- Separate Accounts – Keeps accounting records separate when needed, such as for water and sewage
Service Order Solutions
ASI’s Service Order solutions specific to the water industry include:
- Mass Change Out of Meters – Programs are available to facilitate mass change out of meters, whether based upon an install date or upon demand. ASI can generate service orders to change the meters out either through hand-held files or through print outs.
- On-Demand Meter Change Outs – ASI can generate service orders on-demand for meter change outs through either hand-held files or print outs
- Leak Captures – With the latest hand-held devices, ASI’s software can help a water utility automatically create service orders as leaks are captured