Scan Technology Saves Utilities Time and Money
ASI’s scan technology allows a utility to scan any type of document related to a customer’s account for archival and retrieval purposes at a moment’s notice. This ability not only helps the utility provide prompt responses to a customer, but it increases employee efficiency while reducing unneeded paper costs.
With this technology, the utility can set up categories for types of documents to scan into the system. Most categories usually include drivers’ licenses, lease agreements, utility agreements, deeds, surveys, letters, and any other categories that are pertinent to a customer’s account.
Once the documents are scanned, a customer service representative can pull the documents up on his or her screen within the customer’s account information quickly and easily so details can be promptly verified. The ability to verify this information electronically increases efficiency of the customer service representative and, in turn, can help increase customer satisfaction.
Some of the uses for scan technology include:
- A new customer signing up for a service can have their driver’s license or photo ID scanned in their account for future reference. This allows the utility to confirm the customer’s identity if changes are needed on his or her account.
- A renter’s lease agreement, plus special conditions of any kind, can be scanned into their account.
- Signed utility agreements by the customer can be maintained within their electronic records
- Invoices can be scanned into the A/P system
- Time sheets can be scanned to the Payroll system
- Journal notes can be scanned to the G/L system
See All Products & Services